Consensus of organizations, networks and social movements on the Sixth Round, which took place from September 21 to 25th in Brussels.
1. Global economic crisis have questioned the paradigm of “free trade” international economic system based in the predominance of financial capital and multinational’s interests that have lead to an energy, food and climatic catastrophe. FTA which are the aim of the EU and of the governments of Peru and Colombia block the ability of Andean countries to promote national development policies in benefit of the majority of its population.
2. The bilateral negotiation of this FTA aggravates the already existent tensions within CAN and can affect the advance of the Andean integration process.
3. To liberalize the acces to natural resources and to strategic sectors limits the possibilities of development an coerces the States’ sovereignty.
4. The FTA with EU increases exclusion and conflicts in the Andean region.
5. There is a lack of mechanisms for the effective participation of civil society.
6. The recommendations and results of the Impact Study are not taken into consideration.
7. And, coming from the European Union, where did human rights’ defence stay?